Saturday, August 4, 2007

Timing Is Everything

I got in the car today at 11:15 or thereabouts.As some of you may know, ESPN is my default radio station.

If you're up on your baseball news, you can put the heading together with the back story and you know where I'm going with this:

I happened to tune into the Worldwide Leader in Sports roughly three minutes before they broke to chase A-Rod§ chasing his 500th homer. And he hit it. And it was more shocking for the timing than for the impact it had on my sports-loving soul.

Seriously, the odds were... astronomical that I heard that live.

Maybe you had to be there.

[SUMMARY: See the heading.]

Nope, no sex, but I'll tell you stories next week. Oh yes, there will be stories. And they don't even involve (a lot of) C batteries.


FOOTNOTE (crossed): Um... is that a valid word?

FOOTNOTE (double-crossed): I pay for XM Radio. I listen to little else. Yet, there is a local version of ESPN. Free.

§FOOTNOTE (swerved): 1) You may remember Alex Rodriguez as the guy who had the potential to hit his 500th homer BEFORE his 484th homer, 2) A-Rod is a Yankee and I hate the Yankees but 3) I don't really hate A-Rod.

For those of you scoring at home.

No comments: