Tuesday, September 25, 2007

...and Darn It, People Like Me!

I started out having an off day.

First I forgot to rinse the conditioner out of my hair. Got all the way out of the shower, had dried most of the body off and... *wham!* Realisation! Once I'd accomplished that monumental task, I forgot to put petroleum products back in my hair. I'm all fuzzy.

I used a LOT of four-letter words driving in this morning. I mean more than usual. I don't know that people were actually driving any worse, but I sure was feeling every bump in the road.

Everything about my job right now makes me feel incompetent.§

I have had no sex of the flesh-and-blood variety for 27-days-but-who's-counting.

Oh, yeah, this day definitely started out on the wrong side of my emotional bed.

I see no reason to let it continue this way.

I am eating the best apple in the world (it's a Honeycrisp. If you haven't tried Honeycrisp apples, you really should).

Muppet fur is a delight to knit and goes very quickly.

Nephews.

I have all the knitting books, and I know how to use them.

The sun is shining and the air is clean and fresh from all the rain.

Christian Bale.

There is a crane right down the street and I can see it from my window.

Skulls are in. I can buy skulls at Kohl's, they're so ubiquitous.

Dark chocolate.

I remembered to bring my lunch today.

The new TiVi season is underway and Ted got a butterfly tattoo on "How I Met Your Mother" last night.

Cashmere.

There's a Mini Cooper down the street with my name on it.

I have food, shelter, yarn, a job, friends, family, Colorado, freedom of speech, football, my sense of humour, a good mattress, the right to vote, a SPECTACULAR apple, my cat, this lamp...

Aw, fuck it.

I'm going back to Ravelry.




Ravelry.




Ooooooh... I have Ravelry!




Hearts and flowers, la la la

Happy Tuesday, ev'ry-bahdy!


FOOTNOTE (crossed): Could be worse; could be raining.

FOOTNOTE (double-crossed): Why, oh why would anyone go five miles an hour UNDER the speed limit with nobody in front of them and clear roads? If they're younger than 70? Driving a late model Honda Civic? There's no excuse.

§FOOTNOTE (swerved): I know the files are bad. THEY know the files are bad. But every now and then, the bad conspires to make me think it's my own lack of mad landman skillz.

FOOTNOTE (paragraphed): I know, I know... but I was starting to get used to it and now I'm cranky.

TOMORROW: Summaries!

No comments: