Friday, September 21, 2007

Points for Python

TTHFCIF

So yesterday was Third Thursday, something the Merchants Association on 32nd Avenue thought up to answer the wildly popular First Fridays in the artier districts.

IRL Kelley and I were talking to Kristy, owner of one of our favourite shops§ and one of our favourite shop owners, and we asked her how long it had been going on since, well... in general, we're pretty connected to the consumer-driven side of the community, being the consummate consumers we are, but we hadn't heard of it until last month.

Turns out they've been doing it for a year or so. Kristy said something to the effect of, "It's stupid. Nobody comes."

I think they need better advertising. I've sat on a barstool at the Coral Room many a third Thursday, I'm sure, and watched the world go by and never, ever realised the festivity that was ostensibly going on.

First Friday never lives up to its hype, but at least you always know it's going on 'cause there always is hype. And because of the hype, it keeps getting bigger and starts fulfilling the promises of the earlier hype.

[SUMMARY: A shopkeepers goals must exceed his reach, else what is First Friday for?]

Anyway, I bought stuff:

Lauryn, whom you may remember from the highly biological necklace, had a trunk show at Studio Bead, so of course we went. And of course, I bought, 'cause Lauryn uses lots of rocks and, y'know... rocks friends.#

I'm pretty sure these are chrysocolla. I'm pretty sure Red will correct me if I'm wrong.



And when I was at Kristy/Christi/Kristee's shop, I couldn't leave this behind:



See the lining?



[SUMMARY: If yarn doesn't make everything better, surely skulls do.]

And just to drive home the point that this isn't a fashionista zone with shopping and hip little bits, still VERY MUCH a knitblog, the first strip†† of the Lizard Ridge, she is complete.

[SUMMARY: Pretty.]



We had a spectacular sunset last night, only sort of captured here.

[SUMMARY: Um... pretty.]



I'm starting to feel guilty about taking the Girl Colours Big Baby away from the cat. He spends so much of his spare time‡‡ with it. And doesn't he look content?

I wonder if he'd like a Kitty Pi...?

[SUMMARY: Spoiled. Rotten.]



Tonight, I see Spamalot, a show I had a remarkably hard time finding a date for. Male or female. Platonic or romantic.

FIRST: Several people§§ expressed an "I just never liked Monty Python" sentiment. Even more¶¶ expressed an "Only if John Cleese and Michael Palin are actually going to be on stage" sentiment.

What's a girl gotta do to give away orchestra seating to a Broadway smash hit?

You don't have to answer that. The topless scenario has already occurred to me, perhaps a little late.

SECOND: Did anybody else notice there weren't a whole lot of questions about the Pythons on the geek test. As I recall, The Holy Grail wasn't something the jocks did before big games. It was something we recited while hanging lights or before Movement and Mime class.

Why not more points for Python? Katzen in himmel, I could have been a supergeek with just a couple more points on my side.

[SUMMARY: We need a telethon.]

Anyway...

Tonight, Spamalot.




Tomorrow, alpaca show.




Sunday, Brocos v Jagwads.




And with that, I leave you to your Friday.


FOOTNOTE (crossed): I have no idea if there actually is such a thing.

FOOTNOTE (double-crossed): Christy, Kristi, Christiee... at least I pronounce it right.

§FOOTNOTE (swerved): Starlet, where I got my Angry Little Girls F*@K! bag

FOOTNOTE (paragraphed): OK, mostly Kelley's connected to the merchants and I'm connected to the Innernets, but between us we're a force to be reckoned with.

#FOOTNOTE (pounded): Name that movie!

††FOOTNOTE (ddouble-ccrossed): A full 1/4 of the blanket, for those of you scoring at home.

‡‡FOOTNOTE (doubble-crossssed): Spare time... BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! Like the cat has a busy schedule and has to shoehorn in a little quality time with the blanket.

§§FOOTNOTE (how curvy? THAT curvy!): OK, so maybe just Kelley.

¶¶FOOTNOTE (double-dipping on the paragraphs): Mathematically speaking, the set known as everybody minus Kelley; by definition, a much larger group by at least 100% than just Kelley.

No comments: